Why we won't fly on TED anymore!
Before our travel adventures become a distant memory, I want to share them with you all. Thursday morning, we arrived at the airport, baggages in hand and Joey in tow. Everything was going well, we were early and our plane was scheduled to depart on time. We were taken outside the airport to board our jet to Cincinnati then to San Antonio. We got in line to go up the steps into the plane, the weather was a little chilly, and Joey was starting to cry. I begin to cover her with a blanket when the wind begins to really pick up. I bundle her a little more and the people in front of me, let me go in front of them up the steps to the plane. Halfway up, the wind really picks up. I'm talking wind-tunnel here. I literally feel as if I'm going to be blown away and am struggling to hold Joey (who at this point is really screaming). I finally make a dash into the plane and out of the wind, wondering where it came from. Rich is no where to be seen. Inside the plane, I finally get Joey calmed down and find my seat. A few minutes later I hear Rich saying, "I hope they find my glasses, I can't see without them!" What happened your asking? Well apparently, the jet close by decided to take off, regardless of people being on the runway. Talk about powerful engines. The force was enough to knock Rich's glasses off and blow them down the runway. No worries though, after a few minutes, someone found them and we were able to take off. The rest of our journey was uneventful. Until we came home that is...
High winds in Chicago delayed our plane taking off in Texas. We weren't sure they were going to take off at all. Then we get hurried onto the plane, because we can now take off. We're buckled in, Joey is sleeping...and then they tell us, that we get to sit on the plane for 45 minutes, because we actually don't have the okay to take off. At this point we're sure we are going to miss our connecting flight in Chicago. We get into the windy city at 9:30. As we're approaching the gate, the flight attendant is coming down the aisle telling everyone where their next gate will be. We're told Philadelphia will be B-5. GREAT! We think, the other flight must have been delayed as well, so we're still gettting home tonight. We race to the gate, only to find it completely empty and no signs of a departing flight to Philadelphia. We're pointed to the Customer Service desk, where we wait in line for an HOUR. At which point, a customer rep informs us all (we're second in line at this point) that this desk is closing and we'll have to go downstairs to talk with the baggage claim customer service. We were a little upset at this. Then we go downstairs, and Rich goes through the exit, when someone asks the guard if we'll be able to get back in. His reply was no, so I call Rich back. It was too late of course, even though he had literally walked through a second earlier they would not leave him in, so we had no choice but to leave the airport. That settled the question of whether we'd end up sleeping in the airport. Customer Service was (surprisingly) able to help us get a flight for 6:30am the next morning. So we got a hotel nearby and slept for 4 hours before going back to the airport. Our biggest complaint...had the flight attendant told us that our flight was for the next morning, we could have gotten to sleep at 9:30 instead of 11:30pm.
So that's why we're not flying with TED (UniTED) anymore. They have very poor customer service and do not do things excellently...or even mediocre.
I know you're thinking does Ana ever fly without complications? Apparently not. Though we did get all our bags in Philadelphia. So that was good news.
Thanks for listening...I'll post our update about Rafiki in a separate post.
High winds in Chicago delayed our plane taking off in Texas. We weren't sure they were going to take off at all. Then we get hurried onto the plane, because we can now take off. We're buckled in, Joey is sleeping...and then they tell us, that we get to sit on the plane for 45 minutes, because we actually don't have the okay to take off. At this point we're sure we are going to miss our connecting flight in Chicago. We get into the windy city at 9:30. As we're approaching the gate, the flight attendant is coming down the aisle telling everyone where their next gate will be. We're told Philadelphia will be B-5. GREAT! We think, the other flight must have been delayed as well, so we're still gettting home tonight. We race to the gate, only to find it completely empty and no signs of a departing flight to Philadelphia. We're pointed to the Customer Service desk, where we wait in line for an HOUR. At which point, a customer rep informs us all (we're second in line at this point) that this desk is closing and we'll have to go downstairs to talk with the baggage claim customer service. We were a little upset at this. Then we go downstairs, and Rich goes through the exit, when someone asks the guard if we'll be able to get back in. His reply was no, so I call Rich back. It was too late of course, even though he had literally walked through a second earlier they would not leave him in, so we had no choice but to leave the airport. That settled the question of whether we'd end up sleeping in the airport. Customer Service was (surprisingly) able to help us get a flight for 6:30am the next morning. So we got a hotel nearby and slept for 4 hours before going back to the airport. Our biggest complaint...had the flight attendant told us that our flight was for the next morning, we could have gotten to sleep at 9:30 instead of 11:30pm.
So that's why we're not flying with TED (UniTED) anymore. They have very poor customer service and do not do things excellently...or even mediocre.
I know you're thinking does Ana ever fly without complications? Apparently not. Though we did get all our bags in Philadelphia. So that was good news.
Thanks for listening...I'll post our update about Rafiki in a separate post.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home