New Smiles
Johanna has been using a new smile the last couple of weeks. It's really funny! I managed to take a snapshot of it, and realize that if you didn't know she was smiling, it would look as though she was crying or screaming or something. But trust me, it's a smile. She sometimes crinkles her nose with it as well, and gets really excited when you notice her smile, and respond to it.
She's been sitting up really well by herself, we still on occassion find her on her back or hear a "thump" followed by tears. But overall, she's doing well. This week she's starting to try to pull herself up on things. Daddy saved her from a bad head bump, by wisely moving the pillow behind her.
She's using her walker that she got as a Christmas present and we rearranged some furniture so she could actually get some distanct between step one and step two. (remember we are in a two bedroom apartment)
The boys got their shots on Thursday for Liberia ranging from Hep to Typhoid. They are getting really excited to be over helping the orphans and being used by God. We are really excited to see how this changes Jacob's worldview. We have soooo much over here. I know myself, my heart will be broken when I see how the orphans are living, and I'll want to take everyone of them home with me.
I'm starting the process of "thinning" by getting rid of things we don't really need. The time to leave will be here before we know it. Although we haven't made any concrete decisions, it's still a good idea to deaccumulate. It at least makes room for Joey to cruise around.
Keep in touch, we looked forward to being able to share our lives with you and hear about the going ons in yours.
The Shoemakers~
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home