Shoemaker Family

This is our family blog. Written mostly by Ana, Rich may surprise you with a post now and then. We are a missions minded Christian family with two adorable kids. So both of those will be the majority of the topics of our posts. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Liberia update #3

Rich emailed me Wed and sent some pictures. I had some trouble posting yesterday, so here they are. This first one is at the Rafiki Village being constructed. Could this be our new home? It does have a nice view! :)

This is the EWLA hospital (yellow bldg), Rich is helping out at. I'm not sure what EWLA stands for, so I'll have to repost when Rich gets home to clarify. I do know it is a 55 bed hospital! I'd like a picture of the inside of it.

Jacob has been having a great time. He's been going on daily lizard catching expeditions. Rich said one of the orphanages had a monkey, that Jacob played with all day.

The team has been doing well from what I've gotten through email. One team mate was feeling a little sick on Wed, so please pray for quick healing for Andrew. The team has been able to purchase some necessary items for the orphanages such as a cooking pot (it had been stolen from the orphan home!), a coal pot for putting the charcoal fire in, lumber, rat glue, gasoline for generator, etc.
Please pray as they continue to meet with the orphans and mothers and local pastors. The team has been able to have daily devotions together and a time of sharing each others testimonies. Please pray for unity and their fellowship as they continue to work together.
On the home front, Joey and I have been doing well. Missing our guys, but being taken care of by family and friends.
~Blessings

1 Comments:

  • At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for posting these pictures, Ana! It's wonderful to see them while they are still there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home