Shoemaker Family

This is our family blog. Written mostly by Ana, Rich may surprise you with a post now and then. We are a missions minded Christian family with two adorable kids. So both of those will be the majority of the topics of our posts. Enjoy!

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Trip to Puerto Rico

Well, I consider my short trip to Puerto Rico a huge success. I have no airport mishaps to mention. A first in my traveling experience. We had beautiful weather and a very nice time with family. By the end of the week, I was feeling pretty confident on the scary mountain roads. My family lives at the top of the mountain in the town of Orocovis. It was absolutely beautiful. Each morning and night was filled with a chorus of music in nature. FYI -rooster crow all day long, not just at sunrise. I didn't know that, they start at 3am and continue throughout the day. At night, the famous Puerto Rican frog, the coqui, began his rythmic tune. Here are some of the over 200 pictures I took.
This is my grandmom on my dad's side. The reason for our trip. She had been ill, but is doing a lot better.

The boys just outside my aunt's home. This is the view that greeted us everyday.

Another shot of the view. This was my first morning there. The colors were amazing.

Joey on the beach. The first time she actually played with sand. (sort of)

Jacob and Joey at the El Yunque rainforest. We hiked 30 minutes in to this waterfall. The boys had a great time swimming in the water. We were all tired by the time we reached home that night.


I have lots more pictures. I'll try to post more in the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home