One month to go!
This is my 3rd attempt at posting. For some reason, after I had everything written out, I couldn't save or post. Here goes again.
Joey turned 11 months yesterday. She had a rough start, throwing up during the night and having a fever for most of the day. She's getting in both her top two teeth. Poor thing! Other than that, she's doing fine. Growing fast and big. She's totally mobile and able to crawl all over. She's even been cruising around on her pushy toy back and forth in our apartment. She can't turn around yet, so when she gets stuck, she just waits for someone to come and help. Her other new trick is pointing with her finger. It's the cutest thing. Yesterday during one of her unhappy times, I thought she was crying because of hunger. So I tried to feed her, but she just turned her head away from me. Not knowing what to do, I said "what do you want", and she pointed to her cup. She was thirsty. Pretty cool! We have some communication going on here. She also says "hey" or at least her version of it. Regardless, it serves the purpose of getting our attention. She says it when we aren't looking at her and then when we turn to look, she'll turn her face shyly away, as though she never called us. Pretty funny!
It's been wonderful having her in our life. We look forward to celebrating her one year with those of you able to come.
Enjoy the pics. ~the Shoemakers

Joey turned 11 months yesterday. She had a rough start, throwing up during the night and having a fever for most of the day. She's getting in both her top two teeth. Poor thing! Other than that, she's doing fine. Growing fast and big. She's totally mobile and able to crawl all over. She's even been cruising around on her pushy toy back and forth in our apartment. She can't turn around yet, so when she gets stuck, she just waits for someone to come and help. Her other new trick is pointing with her finger. It's the cutest thing. Yesterday during one of her unhappy times, I thought she was crying because of hunger. So I tried to feed her, but she just turned her head away from me. Not knowing what to do, I said "what do you want", and she pointed to her cup. She was thirsty. Pretty cool! We have some communication going on here. She also says "hey" or at least her version of it. Regardless, it serves the purpose of getting our attention. She says it when we aren't looking at her and then when we turn to look, she'll turn her face shyly away, as though she never called us. Pretty funny!
It's been wonderful having her in our life. We look forward to celebrating her one year with those of you able to come.
Enjoy the pics. ~the Shoemakers

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home