Shoemaker Family

This is our family blog. Written mostly by Ana, Rich may surprise you with a post now and then. We are a missions minded Christian family with two adorable kids. So both of those will be the majority of the topics of our posts. Enjoy!

Friday, June 01, 2007

Great Book!!!

Okay, normally I'm not a book critic, but really thought I would pass this one along. It happens to be one of Jacob's school books and also happens to be the FIRST book that he said "Mom, you and Dad HAVE to read this book!" Normally when he catches me reading his books, he tells me to stop. Anyway, the book is "Star of Light" by Patricia St. John. Literally, I cried! It just gives such a wonderful picture of the gospel and Jesus' saving work on the cross. It's fiction and takes "place" in Moroco. Hamid, one of the main characters, has to flee from his step-father's house with his blind 2 year old sister (who is about to be sold to a mean beggar and taken far far away). His mother tells him to go to a certain village where there is a women who will help because of her Saint. There are many great "stories" of redemption and like I said before, its rich with the gospel. I highly recommend it. The author is a nurse, missionary and relief worker. I really think she wrote from experience. She really brought the characters to life. If you are in the area, come and borrow it, or look it up at your library.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home